Autumn Term 2nd Half 2023
Autumn Second half 2023 - Heroes and Villains
Please have a look at our new learning for this half term.
PE - Tuesdays and Wednesday
Please can the children come to school in their PE kit.
- Library Monday 11th November AM- children will join the library and have a workshop looking and learning about Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole.
- St Mary's Church 17th November AM- meeting Ref Hilary Bond to be welcomed at the church, have an explore and learn about the church. Hear and act out the nativity story.
We would very much appreciate parent helpers so please let us know if you are available to join us.
For literacy this half term we are exploring a variety of traditional tales. We will be looking and reading lots of different traditional tales, discussing their settings, analysing their features and talking about the characters. We will be retelling the stories through drama, story mapping, character descriptions and writing our own Jack and Beanstalk story.
Please have a look at BBCbitesize -Fairy stories and traditional tales, which has lots of different stories to watch and interactive activities to do.
We are learning about significant individuals from the past who have changed our world.
We are learning all about Guy Fawkes and discussing our opinions about whether we thought he was a hero or a villain for doing what he did.
Then we will be researching about Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole. Two very brave women who changed the world of nursing and forged the way for better conditions in hospitals. How their actions from the past have changed our world now.
For more information look at BBCbitesize:
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd8fv9q/articles/zdrrcj6 (Guy Fawkes)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zns9nrd/articles/zjsxcqt (Mary Seacole)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zns9nrd/articles/znsct39 (Florence Nightingale)
Science - The Seasons
This half term in science we are learning about the seasons. What they are and how the weather, plants and what we wear changes to in each season. We are also talking about day length and how that varies in each season. We will be investigating different ways to measure the weather and we will be measuring in cm the rainfall over a week. To do this every child will make their own rain gauge to record data and make conclusions.
For more information to support home learning see Oak National Academy:
We had a great time learning all about Sweden. We used the globe to find Europe, maps to locate Sweden, learnt how to say simple phrases and even danced to ABBA!